Summer vacation is here, but Park Elementary and Hutchinson Middle School will each have at least one good reason for students to stop by over break.
The two school cafeterias will be the home of the summer lunch program, which is free for children age 18 or younger. It serves up healthy, well-balanced meals from June 17-Aug. 16. No registration is required and adults can purchase meals for $4.25.
- Meals are served from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, from June 17-Aug. 16.
- Volunteer times are 11:25 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- No meals will be served July 3-5, and Aug. 5-6.
Hutchinson Middle School:
- Meals are served from 11:15 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Monday-Friday, from June 17-Aug. 2.
- Volunteer times are 11:10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- No meals will be served July 3-5.
One of the most popular items is taco in a bag, complete with a side of beans and the usual toppings: tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Last year, the meal came with cantaloupe and, of course, a carton of milk to round it off.
To volunteer or for more information about the program, email Jenny Wicklund at email@example.com or call 320-583-9929.