A new Meeker County leadership program is offering nine sessions designed to bring community leaders together.
Meeker In Motion is aimed at people who are interested in broadening their network, learning about Meeker County communities, and growing their professional and leadership skills.
Along with bringing leaders together, the program aims to help understand the dynamics of the county’s communities, create a shared vision to develop the communities, make connections with area leaders, and build on each participant’s leadership skills. Space is limited, and applications are being accepted through Aug. 12.
Each session begins with professional leadership training in the morning taught by University of Minnesota Extension leadership and civic engagement educators. During the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to go into the community to tour sites and network with local leaders.
The program will provide participants with new tools and skills to increase their effectiveness in their organizations and communities, while also learning about local businesses, local and county history and government, health care, arts, education, agriculture, natural resources and much more.
Sessions are 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, from September through May. Program dates, locations and topics include:
- Sept. 18 in Dassel: “Beginning the Leadership Journey”
- Oct. 16 in Kingston/Forest City: “Building and Sustaining Committees and Teams That Work”
- Nov. 20 in Grove City: “Leading With Your Strengths”
- Dec. 18 in Watkins: “Leadership Across Generations and Communities”
- Jan. 15 in Litchfield/Meeker County Government: “Leadership for the Public Good”
- Feb. 19 in Darwin: “Navigating and Leading Through Conflict”
- March 18 in Eden Valley: “Enhancing Ethical Leadership”
- April 15 in Cedar Mills/Cosmos: “Building and Strengthening Trust and Public Engagement”
- May 20 in Litchfield: “Looking Forward, Stimulating Visionary Leadership, Action and Celebration”
Attending all nine training sessions is mandatory. Tuition for the program is $450, which breaks down to $50 a month and includes the University of Minnesota Extension leadership training and lunch at each of the nine sessions. Partial tuition assistance is available for qualifying participants.
This opportunity is available to anyone living in or working in Meeker County. Space is limited to 24 people, and pre-registration is required. For more information and an application form, visit z.umn.edu/meekerinmotion, call 320-693-8184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeker In Motion is an initiative of a group of citizens from around Meeker County. The mission of Meeker In Motion is: Inspiring you to lead, build connections and together create a shared vision for vibrant communities.
The program is a sponsored partnership between Meeker County, Litchfield Area Chamber of Commerce and the University of Minnesota Extension.